Sunday, January 17, 2010

IT IS NICE TO KNOW YOU!


Years ago, when Mom and Dad had conversations, they generally centered around his or her family, us kids or maybe once in a while about the house, or even the car or Dad’s job. Sometimes Mom or Dad would divulge some little story about their past as a child or young adult. I would always lean forward to listen to a wonderful, and sometimes: funny story, since I am a historian by nature. The stories were always fascinating!

TLW (The Little Woman) and I seem to do the same thing, however, our scope is broader, our interest more diverse, and our conversations: unceasing. We enjoy talking to each other, and I find that it is really wonderful to have a mate that can relate to things in a worldly manner. Usually, her conversations are very interesting, her opinions very insightful, and her willingness to listen to me, a blessing in that she respects what I say.

I think it is a nice way to live, having a partner who goes beyond the daily routines of life, and can carry one to other worlds, and help each other see another point of view. I guess it is a lot like reading a book!

Lately she is taking a high road in her conversations when it comes to the involvements that I have going. She won’t comment on why I do something, rather on what I am doing while involved. I discuss an idea with her, and her head starts to generate ideas for me. She looks and sounds like the creative director at Wunderman, Ricotta and Kline Advertising! Because of her I have started my high school reunion, because of her I get involved in the church, and because of her and my daughter, I get involved in the agency board. She never takes any credit for what I do, yet she is the reason behind it in a way,

I remember when we were dating, I came up with an idea for my company, that the boss had patented and it was listed with the Library of Congress. We would see each other every morning on the train and she would listen to my progress with the idea. Even then, she was supportive, and always gave me level headed responses, honest and helpful.

Today, after another conversation, this on banks and the economy, I walked away feeling like I had gone to the library! It made me feel good to know we have something to talk about of interest every day. Be it the economy, state of world affairs, or the sorry state of the teams I root for, TLW is on top of it!

Good for me!

No comments: