Sunday, January 31, 2010

IT’S A HARD FIGHT, BUT I CARRY ON, CHINS UP


I have been waging a fearsome, pitched battle with anorexia, trying to overcome it. It is indeed a lonely battle that requires discipline and perseverance. I am no shrinking violet, and will battle it to the death! I mean, who wants a skinny, undernourished DelBloggolo. Besides, a fat head on a skinny body is weird!

Over the years, people know me as a picky eater. I pick everything. I don’t like to brag, but I’ve been on more diets than pounds lost! I am also a very light eater, nothing dark! I subscribe to the theory of the glass: half filled or half empty (Half Jack Daniels, half no Jack Daniels). Something like that describes my dietary philosophy. Half skinny or half fat: Anorexia vs. Obesity, that is the question.

Here is the answer: Mi fame!

That is my motto: it comes on my family crest, which hangs in the Il Del Bloggolo Istituto, somewhere in Naples!

My family has a motto as a whole, “chiuso, i cercare di mangiare qui!” (Shut up, I’m trying to eat over here!)

Jokes are made about Italians when they talk with their hands. The reason that happens is a very old tradition, dating back to before the Romans and Zio Julius Caesar! Legend goes, and holds true, that Italian food is so good, the Italians are always eating: thus with their mouths full, they learned to speak with their hands. It’s where the deaf people learned it.

Italians speak very loud: you know it when they are shouting. How are they shouting you ask? Their hands are over their heads! “Hey! Lower your voice!” (They lower their hands!)

Don’t thank me for this, it is a pleasure to relay all this vital information.

No comments: