Friday, January 08, 2010

LEFT HANGING


I have been operating for the past 4 weeks without my computer! I took it to a bunch of hacks about 4 weeks ago, at least it seems that long, and it still hasn’t been fixed! I’m told tomorrow or the next day, while up to a few days ago it was: “we’re waiting for the parts.”

My parts are wearing thin! Come on already, what’s taking so long?? I think the mistake is that I took it to a non-Apple shop, because I figured they would charge me an arm and a leg. I have a feeling this outfit will charge me even more!

Without the computer, I am reduced to watching TV, doing the little things around the house that annoy me, and talking to the dog. The dog is still angry with me for mentioning her in my blogue, a couple of days ago.

My whole life is on that computer, all the work I’m doing for different things, and I am falling behind! So what do I do in the meantime? I tried to do some artwork, but am uninspired to work. I can’t do anything with meaning, so I start a project and quickly abandon it.

The issue is that I have so many projects going on that the thought of starting an art project is not enticing since it is one more thing on my plate. One thing that is good from all this is: I created some really nice recipes while I have some down time. A great way to cook ordinary rice, a great topping for white fish that is even better when left over! Anyone interested: let me know.

You know that when you are bored, the temptation to eat becomes greater. That is the most dangerous of times for me. I start to look forward to eating, and I eat too much. I feel very bad that I’m using TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) computer in the interim, but I need to write my blogues. What would I do without TLW? Maybe put the recipes down and save them?

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I know exactly what you mean. Jasmine bought me a laptop for Christmas, so now I have more backup for the two desktops in the house. I have enough fire power to launch missles! That's a good thing though because when I'm on the computer, I don't hear the refrigerator beckoning.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Funny my fridge emails me when I'm online to let me know what it has for me!