Wednesday, January 27, 2010

LET’S FIGHT!


I received an email from my niece Laurie O’Hara, a special gal in so many ways. I thought I’d share what she has to say with you, because it affects us all in a way. It is her fight to help her dad fight cancer.

Her Dad, John, is a great Dad, a great guy, and also a great brother-in-law. He is an excellent role model for sons-in-law.

John, like everyone else, doesn’t deserve to have cancer, and I pray for him everyday. I also pray for his family, my sister his wife, their three children, Laurie, John and Jennifer. They are wonderful grandparents, and great with their son-in-law Gerard, a class act if there ever was one. The family is very special to me, and they are rallying around John and giving him great support.

Laurie is participating in a relay in June to help her dad fight.

I would like to quote Laurie:
“It was a year ago that my Dad started suffering from a cough that he could not get rid of. After many doctors’ appointments and many tests he was diagnosed with lung cancer. My family was devastated by the news. Since his diagnosis my Dad has been going for chemo treatments once every three weeks. Due to the type of cancer he has surgery and radiation are not an option for treatment. We are grateful that the Chemo has kept the cancer from spreading so far and it has not prevented him from changing his lifestyle to much, although the treatments are beginning to take a toll on my Dad and he is becoming more and more tired with each treatment.

We are grateful that the treatments have kept the cancer from spreading and we are hopeful that the treatment will help him to be as active as possible. I am hoping that by walking and raising money for cancer, others will someday have a cure for this horrible disease. Thank you for your support and please keep my Dad in your prayers.”


Won’t you go to this page?
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10EA?px=13871485&pg=personal&fr_id=26710&fl=en_US&et=Qohk4yihifRvw8voghwOow..&s_tafId=500931
and donate to the American Cancer Society, and help to fight cancer? It may be your fight someday, too!

No comments: