Friday, January 29, 2010

TAKEN BY A FAST ONE!


An Individual I know owed me $10, and during the course of a JETS game party, that individual wanted to get into the box game and needed $5. Turning to me the individual asked if I had $5 I could lend. I said that all I had was a $20 bill.

Taking the $20, the individual went canvassing the other members of the party, the individual found $15 change and proceeded to settle debts with me.

“Here is the $10 I owed you, and here is the $5 I borrowed, we are now even!

?

My wallet somehow felt uneven.

Me: “Wait a minute!”

The Individual: What’s to wait about? I borrowed $10, gave you the ten, and also included the $5 for the box game! We are even!”

Somehow it was making sense, but somehow I still felt a little short!

“You mean we are all squared away?”

“Yes, that was easy, no?”

The moral of the story boys and girls is: Don’t do business with TLW (The Little Woman)!

No comments: