Friday, January 15, 2010

THAT INVISABLE CELEBRATION!


Every year, without fail, TLW (The Little Woman) has to be reminded. As she reads this (if she does) she is wondering about what?

Today is the day we got engaged, way back in 1971!

A rose is a rose is a rose.

She was beautiful then, and still is! Back in those days, we cared a lot about appearance, these days: we are stuck with each other! I’m happy to be stuck, and I’ve been stuck on her since I met her.

That day was such a special day, when she got on the train not expecting me to give her the ring. She wore a maroon pantsuit with her ruby birthstone, and reprimanded me for not telling her I was going to give her the ring! She then stood up and paraded up and down the aisle of the car, showing off the ring, accepting congratulations!

She was beautiful then, she is beautiful now.

When I look over, across the side table, watching her snore and dream away, her mouth open (It usually is), in her jami’s and robe, feet sticking out from under the blanket that drapes over her legs:

She is beautiful now as she was then.

Happy semi-anniversary, Toots, I still love you!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy semi-anniversary to you both.

Anonymous said...

Nice!