Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!


It’s been a while since I was out there. I think it was 2007, when I left, and I look forward to seeing #1 Son and the lovely Courtney (TLC2), my future daughter (in-law). I don’t like that designation.

Being in the land of sunshine and TLW (The Little Woman) and I will spend some quality time together viewing the Getty Museum, one of my favorite places in the whole world. When I used to go out there for business, I loved the sunny bright mornings near my office, and would often walk to the place from my hotel. At night, returning back to my hotel, I would stop along the way at one of the many restaurants and enjoy a quiet meal in solitude, looking at the people who came to dine. Many like myself would eat alone.

Eating alone as a whole is not my favorite thing to do, however, if I had a long hard day, it becomes a respite, even in a restaurant. No one is talking at you, you can either mull over the events of the day, or you can plan for a better time. That: the later is what I would do.

When I was at the Getty, without TLW, I kept wishing she were with me. It felt like I was a widower, and that is a very lonely feeling. Besides, when I saw something that excited me, I had no one to share it with.

I plan to go to some of the tourist attractions, and maybe see Josh Peck, if #1 Son will arrange it for us. I want to get a small movie clip for a very special friend who I never met, but I hope to someday. I want Josh Peck to say: “Hello Ava!” then I can go home happy that along with TLC2 and #1 Son and TLW, the trip was worth the while.

So, after this crazy winter we are having, I will really enjoy myself.

4 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Have a great trip and good luck with the Josh clip. I know that special friend would be tickled pink.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Her mother would be tickled pink also! Partially because Ava would smile from ear to ear with that look of surprise and delight at the same time, and partially because I think that guy is a riot! Perhaps he's interested in an older (allright much older than him!) woman? My husband probably wouldn't even notice I was gone. :) Thank you so much for thinking of my little girl.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time.
SS-I-L

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time.
SS-I-L