Wednesday, March 24, 2010

AM I A STATISTIC?


On March 12th, I ranted about the shabby treatment I got from Aetna, Pharmacy, and the lack of real concern for their customers. Being a customer of GM, or Toyota, or General Mills, I can allow some lee-way, maybe more for General Mills than General Motors, because my life may be in the balance.

When I know my health is on the line, and I depend on someone to fulfill an obligation they accept, then I expect them to come through. After 5 weeks of waiting for Aetna to “follow-up”, they finally call me.

Well needless to say the individual who finally called had a condescending attitude, like it’s his ball and his ball yard, and I will follow his instructions. This riled me, to the point that I gave this guy a real piece of my mind, chewed him and his company out, and told them that I would not do business with them as far as medicines go.

He then has the nerve to ask: “Is there anything else we can do for you today?”

I retorted, “What are you kidding me? Haven’t you not done enough for me already?”

“Well, I guess we can’t do anything for you today, have a nice day.”

“No, YOU have a nice day.”

I have a wonderful sister-in-law who is kind as she is sweet. Let me quote her, word for word on this event:

“Seriously, I think that all of the technological advances over recent years have taken the sense of personal pride and of accomplishment out of much of the workplace. You are not a person whose health is being jeopardized by the length of time it takes the company to supply your medication. It's not personal. You are a customer number, a statistic, an allowable % of unhappy clients. It's unfortunate.
SS-I-L”


As smart as I think she is, and she is, I think she has allowed herself to accept this mode of operation and customer relationship with Aetna, because it is all hi-tech. Well, I won’t accept my health being jeopardized by some flunky who mans a phone, and doesn’t really care. Not even my doctor would co-operate with this company!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW ABOUT IF I SEND A FEW OF MY SICILIAN FRIENDS OVER TO MAKE AETNA AN OFFER THEY CAN'T REFUSE?
SS-I-L

Jim Pantaleno said...

I just took my first sip of the afternoon Jack Daniels Manhattan and toasted your good health. That's more than Aetna will ever do for you.