Sunday, March 28, 2010

POOJA TO THE RESCUE!


God bless America! Or is it?

The other day, after total frustration, I did the unthinkable: I called for support help. That is: “Technical” support help.

Now I try to be a reasonable man, pay my taxes, even go to church. I love my family and friends, and try to do good works. Every now and then though, something happens. To tone down the phrasing we all know so well: “Crap happens”, and it sure did.

As I installed a new program on my spanking new computer with 4-wheel drive and all the latest gizmos, when the installation was done, I was asked by the program to activate it.

OK, I hit the “continue” button, and it shuts down the program! I try it again, but once again, and every time thereafter, the same thing. It disappears and says it will stop working until I activate.

Well I figure, they have my registration, I’m not pirating anything, what the hell, let them try. They do, and succeed.

OK, I will get in touch with them via the website. (This is the latest thing. Someone talks to you on the website, and straightens you out!) Your problems that is.

On I go and get (you ready for this?) ‘Pooja.’

I can almost hear the accent all the way from Pakistan!

“Hello Joseph, ow may I elp yu?

Your #$@*&^$ program, one which by the way costs me 990 scadola’s won’t activate when I tell it to!

After a long while, Pooja comes back.

“OO kay, go to deis site, download deis and type in the password 1234”

I do what Pooja says. Why? Because Pooja knows, that’s why.

I do it, and everything is fine, so I go to thank Pooja, but there is no Pooja, anymore!

Pooja, how am I going to correct the bad impressions that Americans leave as being rude when there is no Pooja?

Pooja? Are you there, Pooja?

No comments: