Saturday, March 27, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TESS!

Yes, another year has passed us by, and Tessie, my old sister is another year even older!

Now you might think me mean to mention all this, but keep in mind she tells everyone I’m older than she is when I’m not. But Tess, I forgive you. I figure at your age you are having problems remembering.

She reminds me of the story I heard recently from TLW (The Little Woman). It seems these two sons had a mother who was 92 years old. She was vital in every way except one. She had a mild case of dementia. One day the woman fell, and broke her back. Being how she was bed-ridden, the boys decided to put her in a home. The old lady thought in her state of mind, that her son had bought a new home so the two boys could care for her!

Actually in spite of her age, Tessie is still beautiful, will always be beautiful and I still love her. Age has its privileges, She can now drive with her blinker on while going 20 mph, can leave her shopping cart in the middle of the supermarket aisle so no one can pass by, and can say anything she wants, out loud in public. My God, she can even fart in public if she takes a wanting to!

I remember her when she was young, and could still remember her name! Yes those were fun days. Now she waits to be called at the DMV, and gets annoyed because no one is answering to her name. She is now so old that she needs a hand vac to clean out the lint in the wrinkles on her face.

But no, I am not being mean. She is a wonderful sister. Full of wonder, as in: I wonder what she will do to me when she reads this?

All kidding aside, she IS a wonderful sister. If it weren’t for her, I probably would not be as happy as I am. She is always there when I need her, and I hope to be there for her, too.

Someone once said to me recently that they thought she never ages, and I hope she never does.

Well Tess, or Theresa if you want,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
You are not getting older, but wiser. You are as beautiful as you ever were, maybe more so. I Love you! As you can see, you only remind me of good times and I can’t help but remember them. Thanks!

4 comments:

THERESA said...

AHHH, YOU ARE RIGHT, I DID SAY, "I AM GOING TO KILL HIM" BUT YOU MADE A GOOD RECOVERY. THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST!!! SUCH GREAT MEMORIES GROWING UP WITH YOU..I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOU ALWAYS AT MY SIDE, ALWAYS SUPPORTIVE CARING AND LOVING--I LOVE YOU

Fran said...

We are all lucky to have you as a sister. You are the best Theresa! Nice blog Joe. Happy Birthday Theresa and enjoy the day. You deserve a great day!
Lots of love,
Fran

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Tess and to Anthony and (little) Ellen too.
You might want to consider a new tradition which I started 2 birthdays ago. I declared the whole month of July my "Birthday Month". Although there were some people who were just too annoyed by the concept, many others rose to the occasion all 31 days!
SS-I-L

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday Theresa! Not much more that can be said, that hasn't already been said! Beautiful!
Love you!
Mary Ann