Friday, March 05, 2010

MAY GOD HELP US ALL!

When I first met him, he was a young vital sex-maniac that did nothing but: have a good time, and chase girls. He had a red Mercury convertible, and the top was always down. He cruised the neighborhoods from Syosset to Westbury, and usually drove like he was in his living room, on his sofa, half asleep. His car moved however, like it was racing to a fire in the midst of the Indianapolis 500!

When he graduated college, he moved to Florida eventually and met a lovely woman named Linda. She corrected all his major and vital flaws, which she finally finished a few years ago, and is now working on all his newer ones.

He was my best man, receiving communion, like any good Jew would, and I was his best man once in his first wedding. He is my daughter’s Godfather, as I am his daughter’s Godfather.

Every Christmas Eve, he would show up at my house and have a good old-fashioned traditional Italian fish dinner, making sure to eat all his spaghetti, and licking the plate clean. He’s gotten me drunk more times than I can remember, has made me laugh so hard I needed hospitalization, and eaten enough pistachio nuts to fill the Orange Bowl in Miami to the top!

We have shared tragedy and triumph, both large and small.

I would not have a complete life without him. He is my best friend, and my buddy, my brother, a good man, a great husband and father.

Today is his birthday. I wish I could remember his name!

Only kidding.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHIL!

1 comment:

Laura ESL Teacher said...

wow what a nice blog to your friend! Nothing like a good buddy!