Monday, June 28, 2010

THAT’S NO ZOMBIE


That’s my wife!

Sometimes it takes a while to make even the smartest people learn a lesson. A certain woman over the age of hard physical labor, and I won’t mention her name (Her initials are: TLW) got a real lesson in acting her age!

It seems that she decided one morning to do some strenuous yard work that she shouldn’t do! Boy, did she pay for it! She either pulled a tendon or a muscle badly enough to make her a cripple. With my son asleep in his bed, she is out there doing something he should have been asked to do. Don’t blame him, when we need something done, he does it. I know that I’m too old for all the nonsense that is needed around the house, the intense labor that comes with ownership, and I hear some of my friends paying the price also that ownership entails for the upkeep of a home.

So she gingerly walks about, with ooh, aaah, and walla walla bing bang, all day long, looking to find a comfortable spot, looking for a place to rest where it won’t hurt. Her only relief is to lie on her stomach.

Whatever she needs, she asks for from me, and I tell her to ask, even in the middle of the night. So what does she do the next day? Why she goes to work! I would think any sane person would think to take a day off to rest it, at least once. But no, martyrdom is her calling that day!

As She struggled to walk to the door, I reminded her that when she dies of her wounds, the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company will be opening up a new branch, celebrating making more money!

I rest my case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like brother, like sister!
ss-i-l