Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HOW LOW CAN I GO?


Every Limbo boy and girl
All around the Limbo World
Gonna do the Limbo Rock
All around the Limbo Club


The other day, something overcame me, and I decided to dust the furniture! Moments like that really frighten me, and I think that maybe there is some evil that lurks in my house, that causes me to do such things. Usually, I do it like a round of golf, and in my bag is a long handled duster, a short handled duster, a rag, and a broom for corners and ceiling dust or cobwebs. I think this kind of behavior needs some serious psychotherapy, and I should be under evaluation!

Joe, be Limbo! Joe, be quick!
Joe, go under Limbo stick!
All around the Limbo Club!
Hey, let’s do the Limbo Rock!
Ahahahou!

Limbo low now!
Limbo low now!
How low, can you go?


Since the above-mentioned tools of boredom are in use, I also like to play some music. My cable company provides me with a TV station for Golden Oldies. I put it on, and being alone, I will at some point dance to the music, as my poor dog watches, and runs into another room to sleep.

But she’s by the Limbo beat,
When you move to Limbo beat
Limbo ain't and Limbo beat!
When back light to Limbo beat!


Well, as I happily dusting along the house, suddenly, the ‘Limbo Rock’ by Chubby Checkers came on. Getting caught in the music, I started to do the ‘Limbo Rock’, all by myself! Now if you know the music and the dance, it requires at least three people, one to limbo under the stick, and two to hold each end of the pole or stick.

Joe, be Limbo! Joe, be quick!
Joe, go under Limbo stick!
All around the Limbo Club!
Hey, let’s do the Limbo Rock!
Ahahahou!

Lalalalala…

I was all three.

OK, let me explain, the dog was in the other room, so there was no one to hold at least one end of the stick up.

Get you super, Limbo Girl!
Give they check to Limbo World!
There’s a Limbo Moon above,
You will fall in Limbo love!


Whipping out my long handled duster, I held it up with two hands, while hopping underneath it, turning around, giving myself a high-five, and doing it again, as I held the duster lower each time I went under it. That was exactly twice.

Joe, be Limbo! Joe, be quick!
Joe, go under Limbo stick!
All around the Limbo Club!
Hey, let’s do the Limbo Rock!
Ahahahou!


As I write this, my back is hurting, not to mention my brain! But don’t pity me, I just know the next time I will do it again, but hopefully, they will not play the ‘Limbo Rock’, because my limbs are rocked!

Don’t move in Limbo stork!
You're a Limbo stork!
How low, can you go?


With sincere and deep apologies to Chubby Checkers!

1 comment:

pamela said...

♫ ♫ Get back Joe, Joe ♫ ♫