Wednesday, January 19, 2011

IF I KNEW YOU WERE COMING I’D A BAKED A CAKE!


Being an adventurous soul, I set out to bake a cake! I like to cook, but don’t often bake anything because no one eats it when there are only two people in the house!

Being how it was going to be TOOTS II’s (Lois Cope) birthday the next day and she was coming for dinner, I’d try one of her favorite cakes, carrot! There is a caveat to all this as TLW (The Little Woman) said:

“Lois likes it made from scratch!”
“OK, let’s Rock ‘n Roll!”
“You picked a hard recipe!”
“Is there anything easy about me?”

Suggestion: Don’t do it, buy it and say you did make it.

I know it is cheating, lying, deceiving, but you don’t whisk twice!

As I whisked as the instructions said, the yolks and sugar seemed to have a mind of its own, sitting on the “Dutch oven” as TLW called it.

Getting to the egg whites, the ‘kitchen Nazi’ reared her bossy head.

“You have to beat them until they are stiff!”
“Hey, the only thing stiff around here is me, my arm is falling off! How’s that?”
“NOOO, they have to peeeeak!”
“I’ll peak ya!”

Now the recipe I got is from the Food Network, and I have to say, it was not very detailed and explicit is not part of their plan. Being an idiot for trying, (which by the way, will happen again) I went about figuring it out to the best of my ability.

Well, the cake now sits in the frig, waiting to be tested, and tomorrow you will hear how bad I did. I promise you I will report the truth on this one, this includes all those that dared to try it, and what the emergency room looks like on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: