Sunday, August 14, 2011

AUBREY ROSE




That is not the title of a love song, about a young lady who broke my heart, but the tale of one who stole it away!

She is only just under 7 lbs, so she has no weight issues for her size, she has a round face that is so beautiful that I must say she is even prettier than me, hard to believe, huh?

She also has a title, #12, as in the twelfth great grandchild for my Mom, who made the trip to the hospital in spite of her inability to walk from arthritis. Mom was seeing one more time what she started so long ago in Brooklyn NY, where her daughter was born, and is now the grandmother of Aubrey Rose.

Aubrey Rose also gave me an opportunity to spend a few hours with Mom, something I don’t do as much as I would like or should.

It is great how a birth can do things to the family as a whole, the unifying moments of coming together to witness and celebrate the birth of a new member of the family.

Mom was very happy to have had the opportunity to see the baby, and I was very happy to give it to her. But she said something to me that is sticking in my mind. She said to me: “Joe, I forgot how much fun you are, you made me laugh all afternoon, thank you!” Then she kissed me.

No comments: