Thursday, August 18, 2011

I CAN’T FIGURE IT OUT


Why do I even watch baseball?

Here I am a Mets fan, I root for the bums and they find ways to get hurt, miss half a season and lose. They wear pinstripes too, just like the Yankees. I think the pinstripes should go horizontal, like they play: DEAD.

It seems everybody and his uncle is a Yankee fan. Everybody likes the Yankees, and I mean everybody.

I don’t know anybody personally on the Yankees or Mets. Yet I root for one of those teams, and hate the other! There is no logic to rooting for a team other than to identify where you may come from, why the loyalty? What do I really get out of it? Why do I get nuts in the fall and root for the Jets? Again, the blood pressure goes way up and I get agita.

I could just as easily root for the Boston Red Sox, or the New England Patriots. They are at least in a pennant race or playoff every year. I get “Meaningful games” hopefully in April: then it goes down hill from there!


Well, no more baseball. No more sitting for 9 innings and openly sobbing, wringing my hands and trying not to call them what I think they really are. I’m going to go for some therapy, some help and have my head examined, once the World Series is over. Maybe I’ll wait for the end of Spring Training, I think Johann Santana is back pitching.

No comments: