Monday, July 01, 2013

CONSPIRACIES, TOILET PAPER AND OLD ADAGES


There is a conspiracy going on under my nose and it involves toilet paper. Yes, those little rolled 2-ply white squares we all love so dearly is part of a plot to make me nuts.

There is a raging debate out there about how the roll should hang. Does it hang from the front of the roll or from (ahmmm) behind. Now I know we all have an opinion on which way to hang and in my family someone is expressing that preference.

I am usually the person in charge of providing the rolls and seeing that there is a backup roll (ahmmmm) behind it. By all rights granted in the marriage license, I should be able to determine if it is outer or (ahmmm) behind. I don’t ask for much, just that the toilet paper hangs right. I know it is right because while I read a newspaper, I notice it more convenient to rip off one-handed with the overhang.

But lately, I go in and when I reach for the paper, IT IS BACKWARDS! I correct it, comeback the next time, it is wrong once again!

But it doesn’t end there! No, there is more going on. I am also the one that usually goes into the garage where we store the paper that is purchased in large numbers and packaged and sold. So there should be a large package of rolls there. I go into the garage recently and I don’t find any.

“Toots, when you go to Costco get toilet paper, I just took the last two rolls!”

“Are you sure??? I thought I just did recently!”

“Amazing how time flies when you are having fun!”

She gets up and comes out with a new unopened package! She must have been hiding it and was waiting for the opportunity, so she can have me declared insane, find a young stud and go discoing every Saturday night!

Mom had a few things to say when she asked her kids to get something and they said there was none. She would get it herself and announce: “None are so blind as they that will not see” (Probably Corinthians), or her favorite: “IF IT WERE A SNAKE IT WOULD HAVE BIT YA!” (Definitely Granma Mary) 

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

From the front.

MaryAnn said...

No worries Joe, I don't think there is such a thing as "discoing" anymore.

Anonymous said...

I think the problem is that TLW has been buying the kind that hangs from behind. She has to go to the Toilet Paper section and buy the kind that hangs from the front.

-#1 Son