Friday, July 05, 2013

WE’RE BUGGED!

One of the things I had to agree to at the altar when I married TLW (The Little Woman) was to share. In fact she got all my money and the only thing we really shared was the kids… well, their dirty diapers: that and work around the house. But there is another thing that we share to this day, and that is the sickness as in: “Sickness and in health”.

Recently you might have read about my getting an infection in my chest that started out as a sinus infection. TLW now sounds like she keeps a spare clasps on her nose when she speaks.

TLW: “I caught what you had.” Said rather resentfully and unappreciatively.

“Oh! What makes you think I gave it to you?

“It started in my throat around the ears and I have a headache and it is going down into my chest, causing a cough!”

I had to admit it sounded like the thing I had and although it did, she goes to a germ-infested hothouse of bio-germ harvestation (A made up word) at the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co. I think she got it there, and was the carrier that infected me!

The last few nights, TLW has gone to bed and sleeps almost sitting up, so she doesn’t cough all night. But everyday I am reminded that I gave her the virus, although my germs are pure, considerate and would never do such a thing.

Finally one morning I come downstairs and she is in the kitchen getting her coffee.

“Me: “How are you feeling?”

TLW: “OK, but I think I am done with this virus, I’m going to the doctor!”

“Oh good! And tell him it’s the same virus you gave me!”

Fortunately that was said while she had headed into the den, so I am able to write this!

I would like to extend a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my good buddy and fellow blogger Jim Pantaleno from the old digs in good old Brooklyn, NY:

http://jpantaleno.blogspot.com/



1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Thanks Joe, see you for dinner tomorrow.