Saturday, August 10, 2013

I’M SINGING IN THE RAIN!

-->


SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
by Gene Kelly
Don Lockwood:
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-dloo-doo-doo-doo-doo...

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

Dancin' in the rain
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
Dee-ah dee-ah dee-ah
I'm happy again!
I'm singin' and dancin' in the rain!

I'm dancin' and singin' in the rain...

Recently, I was invited to a production at the Patchogue Theater for the Performing Arts of Singing in the Rain, the musical that features a famous scene where the lead dances in the rain with an umbrella, and the tune stays with you in your head, playing every 20 minutes as if on a loop.

This is the second time I have enjoyed watching this musical, the first time being in a local theater in Port Jefferson, I love the show.  In both shows, the use of water raining down on the set and dancer, not unlike the movie occurred. That makes show productions so worthwhile!

The actors, all unknown were marvelous and professional, and should reach the big lights some day.

I have always loved Broadway, seeing many more productions in my retirement than ever before. The theater is a magical place, transforming my mind, and griping my attention like nothing else ever has.

One thing that makes me happy is watching the young talent showcasing their wares. As you know, getting anywhere on Broadway is a tough thing to do, even with talent. It takes hard, hard work, and lots of critiquing to perfect this kind of trade and art form. Young people dedicated that make a smash with an audience is like seeing a new born child, it is special.

Although it wasn’t possible to match the performance of Gene Kelly and the great caste he had which included Donald O’Connor, Doris Day and Rita Moreno, the two performances I witnessed on stage were credible, and well worth the time to watch.

A ‘Happy Birthday’ to special people, one a gentleman through and through in my brother-in-law Don Uyeno, who looks good for 42, and a cousin Christina Corace:
WHO IS CAUSING ALL THE YOUNG MEN IN VIRGINIA BEACH TO CRY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!





No comments: