Thursday, October 24, 2013

CAN I JOIN?


I recently got a text message from an Internet friend whom I never met before in person. It read: “Good morning! I’ve been thinking (don’t be alarmed it’s all good!) I want to start a Del Broccolo Fan Club! A place where all of us who read and look forward to more entries can join together. What do you think???”

The message was written by Linda K. Walker that you see pictured. Now Linda and I are friends on Facebook, because of a mutual friend we have.

Now many of you are thinking: Sure, that’s all he needs: encourage this nut. Maybe some of you are thinking: What was SHE thinking??? Maybe some think I wrote this myself. That was the immediate response I recieved from some of my associates in an Italian restaurant called Dominic’s on Arthur Avenue in Little Italy in the Bronx, when I first discovered it on my cell.

TLW (The Little Woman) returning from church where she prays for world peace, end of hunger and the saving my soul, all major improbable events, was greeted by this news. Looking at me like I have two heads and wondering why this would ever happen, then did the logical thing, she asked who and why.

I explained and then she followed up with another question: “What was your response?” I replied: “Gosh! Can I join?”

People, the time has come, why are you all so skeptical? Just think of it, like a colony of lepers you can take comfort in numbers. Now I don’t know what the number will be but I think it is all the way up to two, and if Mom had a computer and Facebook, maybe as high as three!

If anyone IS reading this and decides to respond, please keep it clean, I’m thinking of getting Mom a computer and a Facebook account. I need the numbers.

No comments: