Friday, October 04, 2013

I’M GETTING NERVOUS!

-->
Last Saturday morning, I came down from my shower at about 6:00 am, to TLW (The Little Woman) watching a recording of DATELINE on the TV.

hmmmm?
The story was about a woman who poisoned her husband, and TLW was deep into the story.

Suddenly she sees me and puts down her notebook.

Sitting in my chair with a cup of coffee in my hand as I sipped it, she says:

“Do you know that anti-freeze leaves no smell or odor in drinks?”

Since it is autumn, and not winter, I wonder why she would worry about my coffee getting too cold. Looking at my coffee and knowing that she couldn’t have spiked it since I poured in fresh water in the coffee maker and the pods are all sealed, I was safe at least for a while.

“But you don’t have to worry, you don’t drink those sugary drinks and it wouldn’t work in coffee.”

I look at my coffee and at her as she says: “but there are other ways!”

I sip my coffee and assure her. “I’m sure you can find another way, you are a smart woman.”

Sitting back in her chair with great satisfaction she now has a smug look on her face and a sense of control.

Thinking back on all the blogues I wrote at her expense, I wonder if she is playing with my head, or was this the first real sign of payback?

Mom has a saying her mother always told her and she keeps repeating and planting it in my head. “The way you make your bed is the way you sleep in it.” This was finally making sense in a real light.

I’ll say Goodbye now and I hope she doesn’t pull anything until I meet my grandchild for the first time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOVELY NIECE ANNMARIE SCHNEIDER!
Annmarie is a Mom of two of the cutest kids who look just like me!
Aubrey Rose, Mom and Al Schneider


1 comment:

Anthony said...

Courtney watches Dateline all the time. And the first thing I ask is: "Which wife killed which husband"?

The concept of clinking drinks during a toast dates way back to when people used to poison each other's drinks. The reason you clinked glasses when you said "cheers" was to spill a little of each other's drink into the other person's cup as a way of proving that there was no poison inside. I suggest you clink glasses with TLW before every drink. Just to be safe.

-#1 Son