Thursday, December 18, 2014

%#$%@!

-->
Last week, TLW (The Little Woman) sat next to me as I drove her around in the miserable weather because she can’t drive until her foot fully heals. She is a very patient woman and NEVER uses swear words. Yes, she is another Mother Theresa. But being married to Satan I’m sure can take a toll on her sense of equilibrium.

It seems every moron there is was in front of me that day and I let off with a few choice descriptions of their character. Not being a man to mince words, I never mince curse words too, believing that consistency is important in one’s character.

It got me to think that I should respect my wife a little better than that, I shouldn’t stoop so low to swearing when I get frustrated, and to swear in both English and Italian, is simply inexcusable.

However, that very same day I found this article in the doctor’s office as I was waiting for TLW’s routine doctor visit. It is an eye-opener! However, before we get into it, I should give you a little background.

I come from a long line of ‘swearers’. My Grandfather swore in Italian, my Dad swore in both Italian and English, bridging the old world with the
new and I, being a traditionalist like to use both languages myself, keeping both my Grandfather and Dad’s memories alive. TLW of course hates when I do swear out loud in any language. I seriously thinking of learning to swear in sign language, if someone would be good enough to teach me.

Back to the revelation; swearing is actually good for you!

According to Sandra Thomas, a professor at the University of Tennessee, “Suppressing anger isn’t healthy” says the good professor, and what she means is that suppressing anger will cause you to explode like a shaken can of soda.

A study Thomas co-authored showed that older women who bottled their anger had higher levels of inflammatory markers that are linked to cardiovascular disease! A study out of Keele University in England found that swearing: if you don’t do too much of it, provides a strong yet harmless emotional release.

No $#!%!







Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: