Tuesday, December 16, 2014

THE BREAKFAST MYTH


Many years ago while in high school, one of my buddies in Gym class was not feeling well. My teacher: ‘Coach’ asked me to take him down to the nurse’s office. After a look-see by the old maid and graying nurse, as thin as a thermometer (rectal), she asked him if he had breakfast. He said “no”, and this set her off.

“What do you think would happen if I tried to come to work in the morning and my car had no gas?” she asked, rather sternly.

“You’d take the bus?”

This response was not appreciated and she hammered him with verbal abuse.

You’d think she was right, no? NO! According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, breakfast is not so important! It doesn’t affect weight, cholesterol or resting metabolism. How many of you have or know how to rest your metabolism?

It all doesn’t matter, what does is there better be some coffee in the missing breakfast. I need my two cups in the morning come Hell or high water. If it IS high water, Jesus will save me. But coffee keeps me from having a headache, from becoming grumpy or disoriented old bastard.

Some people have tea in the morning, and I pray for them, some people take no such substance as either coffee or tea, and so leave me no choice but to hate them, at least until 9:00 AM.

So if you miss your breakfast fit, and feel deprived, at mid-morning just to get your digestive juices going, have some whole-wheat toast and a cup of Joe, to get your digestive juices flowing in time for lunch. Or, the Hell with it, go to MacDonald’s.









Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!



No comments: