Saturday, December 20, 2014

THE JOYS OF SLEEPING ALONE


Since TLW (The Little Woman) is sleeping on the couch lately because she hurt herself, I have been enjoying the extra space to spread out in bed.  Not only that I am now sleeping more healthier since I now keep the windows wide open at night. The coolness helps me to sleep deeper, I don’t toss and turn and so when I wake up in the morning, the bed looks like I hardly slept in it!

It has always been a bone of contention for us about the room temperature. She likes it warm and I don’t: raising problems for us especially if we go away and use a motel or hotel. I like to sleep near the vents under the window for the air-conditioning and that is the only way we can solve the issue.

Fortunately for me, I have science on my side: it is much healthier to sleep in a cool room than one that is heated or is too hot. Over-heated rooms lead to infections of the respiratory system and that leads to colds and sinus infections also.

Many years ago we slept in a bed with dual controls. We each had a temperature control for our side of the bed. I put mine on low and she put hers on high and we both suffered through the night until we discovered the next morning that we had accidentally switched each other’s controls!

When she went to work before she hurt herself, I kept the house temperature at 63 all day, then: around 4:30 PM it would rise to 68 so she came home to a warm house. Even in the car for the exception of cold days that are below freezing, I like the car cool too! I think this all stems from the house I grew up in as a child. In Brooklyn we had on one source of heat, a oil burning stove in the kitchen that heated or was suppose to, the entire top-floor flat with railroad rooms. Not only were we on the top floor, but one side of the house was exposed to an alley, talk abut cold windy days!

And so when I finally go, I want the casket left open when they bury me, the dirt is cool: as you know.




  

Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm



DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: