Monday, December 08, 2014

HURRY UP AND WAIT


You all know that saying, and it makes so much sense. Yesterday, 12/1/14, I had a bad day, I spent it cancelling appointments and then cancelling other appointments and instead went to the dentist office because they put in a crown and it came out during Thanksgiving dinner!

On top of the crown was the fact that my wife, TLW was trying to get an appointment with an orthopedist to look at her recently ruptured achiles tendon, and was waiting to be the next in line on the phone for way over 45 minutes!

The dentist office said they would squeeze me in at 11:45 and TLW (The Little Woman) got an appointment at 1:45 pm. This meant that I had to be taken by the dentist in time for me to get back and drive TLW to the Orthopedist’s office in time for her squeezed in appointment.

I got to the dentist office for my 11;45 am appointment and gave my name and by 12:45 knew it would be too late for TLW unless I terminated this dentist appointment, after waiting for over an hour for what should take only a few moments of their time. I go up to the receptionist and tell her I have to leave because I can’t wait any longer I tell them that I should not have waited at all since they were not available all weekend long, and because of their shoddy workmanship that I needed this emergency appointment.  She jumps up and runs into the back and comes back and says I will be taken at 9:00 am, first thing, no waiting.

I leave and go get TLW, who I need time to help her with her crutches since it is so difficult for us older people to learn on, and get her into the car and go. The Orthopedist office is packed, with a long line of people signing in. We finally sign in and I wait another 3 hours before they even see us! It was a long day of waiting in waiting rooms that aggravate me anyway. I’m really feeling sorry for TLW, her arms hurt, it is no fun learning how to use the crutches and she wanted me to leave her at the front door and then park the car, but I would not have any of that, as she needed to learn to use the crutches. She got mad at me but I think she understands what I am trying to do for her.

The doctor’s verdict is suggestive: and we can make up our minds how to go, either surgery or natural process, which we agreed is the best way since the healing process takes the same amount of time; 6-8 weeks off her feet.

  


SHOP ON-LINE FOR THE HOLIDAYS, I DID RIGHT HERE!


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You BETTER!

No comments: