Thursday, December 04, 2014

IT DOESN’T GET MORE COMFORTABLE


It was the usual scenario, we needed something that cost over $100 and we vowed not to buy the first thing we saw. That is our mantra, our motto, our dream.

I needed a new chair for my den, I wanted a swivel rocker and recliner, I wanted everything. If it had white walls and a 4-speed that would be cool too.

So the first place we go to is LAZY BOY, the king of recliners. As I get out of the car, TLW (The Little Woman) says: don’t look at anyone in the eye since the store is empty, just walk straight ahead and look disinterested. We enter the store and before the door behind us closes, there is a swarm, all with their cheerful faces, all offering assistance if I should need any. We thank all and Frank, the salesman with sincerity approaches us and says he will be available if we have any questions. It turns out Frank is a multi-talented salesman who will assist us without questions too.

We go down the aisles, looking and sitting in various recliners, and not finding anything. I wanted something that will caress my tush, make love to my backside, a butt kisser. Actually all I wanted was a seat that wasn’t so long it left a space in my lower back to the backrest. Frank, the salesman with sincerity suddenly appears and starts to ask questions like: what am I looking for, have I ever owned a Lazy Boy before and he can show us around.

Breaking down, I tell Frank everything, I don’t hold back. I want this and I want that and I want it or else. He looks at me and says he has a chair I’m looking for at a bargain rate! Good God almighty, I have found my savior!

Frank takes me to the chair of my dreams, well fitted to my butt, not too long in the seat and it swivels, rocks and reclines, all that I want! THANK YOU JESUS!!!

Frank has scored a coup, and decides to do the paper work, by sitting in my recliner and smoozing about life, grandchildren and anything else we could talk about. WE have broken our vow: once again we have bought the first thing we see!

“Now this chair you are buying offers a replacement guarantee for the fabric. Say you spill pizza face down on the arm, you call and we will come down and fix it for you or replace the whole fabric!” (How the hell does he know I will spill pizza of all things?) He was looking at me when he said that! God I hate Frank!

And so, I have broken the basic tenet of shopping, the rules of TLW retail hunting and feel dirty, but I did get the chair I wanted. Life is good, thank you Frank, you putz. (Pizza indeed.)







Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should

No comments: