Tuesday, December 09, 2014

OH MISERY!


Not myself lately
When it rains it pours, and when it pours, it pours right on my head. Things can go bad in threes for me, first one thing and then another, and before you know it there is something else bugging me.

I find out I have an aneurism, my teeth need a lot of work, and my wife just ruptured her Achilles tendon.

Now all that is well and not good, and there is the issue of her work place, The Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Company (TWBTC). I went there recently to give TLW’s boss a doctor’s note.

The first question asked of me was if I pushed her down the steps. I of course responded: “Yes”.

“Well what did you do after that?”

“I ran like Hell!”

“She wasn’t listening to you?”

“Does she listen to ANYONE???”

“I hear it is a long recuperation period.”

“Thank you, I needed to hear that!” I cried.

This is the worst time of the year for TLW to get hurt. It is Christmas time, a time for shopping, cooking and cleaning, a time for writing Christmas cards and planning menus, decorating a tree and outside the house, not to mention the dining room where we set up the Snow Village! It is a time to pick up or order things such as gifts, going on the computer and down to the stores, running medical errands and regular household chores, it is now also a time for me to take care of her as best I can, and I hope I don’t screw it up. But most of all, it is a time to cry, sob and kick my feet.

So I have to gather my breath and stare it all down, by myself and although it is a lot of work, I will not forget one thing, if it were me and we changed places , she would do it all, and probably much better than I could ever do it. When I had my heart operation, there she was front and center, so she should stop thanking me and I will do this as a way of thanking her.




A GREAT WEBSITE FOR HOLIDAY SHOPPING, GRANDPARENTS!


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should!

No comments: