Friday, January 02, 2015

I STEP UP


Wang Chien-Ming, (王建 in Mandarin), having settled down to fish at the edge of the river in Guangdong province, soon realized that he had forgotten to bring any bait.
Slightly annoyed with himself, Wang noticed a little snake passing by who had caught a worm.  Knowing it was the year of the snake; Wang grabbed the snake and robbed him of his worm.  Then later, feeling sorry for the little snake with no lunch, he snatched him up again and poured a little beer down his throat.  Then he continued happily with his fishing.
An hour or so later Wang felt a tug at his trouser leg. Looking down, he saw the same snake with three more worms in his mouth!


Recently I had to take my #1 Son, my beautiful daughter-in-law The Lovely Courtney (TLC), and La Principessa Darby Shea to the airport at JFK. Also along for the ride was TLW (The Little Woman), with a walker, wheel chair and two suitcases for a trip down to Virginia for a few days. My car was 1-bag too short so I decided to rent a car for the trip, but one that would hold everything. I went to Enterprise and they gave me a BMW SUV, white, and it looked expensive.



Driving a luxury car is a lot of fun if you think it important to imagine yourself a winner. You stop at a light and next to you is an ordinary hard worker, a successful teacher or plumber, and loving mother or father, but next to me in my BMW, I imagine they feel like losers. I decided I would be a doctor at one light, a surgeon at another, maybe a lawyer, look over, catch their eyes and smirk in my BMW! Yes, success has spoiled me!

I park the car at a resort, and decided that if I used a valet, it would cost me in tips to play this card. So the man in the BMW, Mr. or should I say Doctor Big Shot parked his car in the parking lot, used the wheel cheer to place two suitcases on, all the while TLW scooted to the main entrance. Being rich doesn’t mean I have to be taken advantage of: after all it is all hard work that got me to drive a BMW!


Returning the BMW is another story. They fall as fast as they climbed! I was once more just an ordinary guy, without a BMW. Stopping at the light I refused to look at anyone, afraid that I may have smirked them one or two looks. Humbled now, I decided that if I had used my own car I would have probably tipped the valet, and maybe a little too much! This is an interesting dicatomy, drive big and tip cheap-drive cheap and tip big.






LOOKING FOR GREAT GIFT IDEAS FOR YOUR CHILDREN OR GRANDCHILDREN?


Address: 1231 Taft Hwy, Signal Mountain, TN 37377
Hours: Open today · 10:00 am – 6:00 pm


DO YOU WATCH THE BIG BANG THEORY?
You should, Kaley Cuoco hugged my grandpa!


No comments: