Thursday, November 30, 2017

POLITICKS…


I look at politics as a store window. I need a new shirt, the one I’m wearing is old, torn, missing a button or two so I need a new look. I have a job, I work in a shirt factory. I go out to shop for a new shirt and see one in the store window that looks good. All the ads say what this new shirt will do for me, make me look slimmer, no ironing, comfortable and up-to-date looking, I will be stylish once again, yes, it comes from my shop where I work.
Neither shirt fits
Eagerly I enter the store and purchase what I hope is all that was advertised. I look in the mirror the first time I put on my new shirt. I look OK, I wear the shirt once, twice and maybe three times, before it starts to fade in its attributes, losing the luster I bought into, and so I need to look at a new shirt, or candidate to make me happy once again. I look for another shirt just like the one I made at work. There is no other manufacturer I will trust.

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, it really didn’t matter. We would soon need a new shirt or candidate, because what we had to choose from was even worse than at any time in our history! Blame not the candidates, blame the fact that we never had such lousy choices before. I didn’t vote, I didn’t want either candidate and felt that this was the most insulting choice we ever had. The shirts being sold in the window have no buttons, I need buttons, so I don’t buy. It isn’t the shirt, it isn’t the store, but the manufacturer.

No comments: