Friday, November 02, 2018

SOMETIMES I JUST CAN’T WIN

One tough customer
My daughter is in rehab and has been for a while. When she had her hip replacement, she was released to recovery and then afterward with a rubber foam separator that she needed to keep between her knees to keep her from crossing her legs and causing damage to her healing process.

Once she went to the rehab, every morning I would show up and find the rubber foam off, in which I then asked to have it put on. This went on all this time. The rehab house felt that she didn’t need it anymore. Every morning the same story, GET THAT DAMNED FOAM ON ELLEN!

I walk in and as usual, hear the same pointless excuses for it not being on. “She kicks it off, she gives us a hard time, she won’t let us put it on”, and for the sake of accuracy, it was true.

After 5 or 6 weeks I decided to call the surgeon to inquire if she could indeed do without it and lo and behold (What does that mean?) they said yes, you can now take it away!

So off to the rehab to make the announcement, posted a full-page ad in the NTY announcing it, that ‘NO LONGER, AND I MEAN NO LONGER DO WE NEED TO TORCHER ELLEN WITH THE RUBBER FOAM!’

PEOPLE CAME FROM ALL THE ROOMS, PEOP[LE FROM OTHER REHABS CAME BY TO APPLAUD THE NEWS.

The next morning I come to visit Ellen and sure enough, she is wearing the rubber foam. I remind them and they say: “Oh, nobody told me!”

The next day the same thing, she is wearing the rubber foam, I remind them again. “Maybe we will get in touch with the surgeon to make sure. Obviously, I look like a liar.

Not only does she have the rubber foam on, but she also is not fighting it anymore. Go figure.

No comments: