Saturday, April 20, 2019

HOW EMBARRASSING!

I have been through many indignities before but never like the last one.

My garbage was rejected!

That’s right! My garbage was rejected, but your run-of-the-mill garbage man!

You can blame this all on President Trump and the Chinese government.

The Town of Brookhaven has rules about how the townspeople can divide their garbage as far as recycling goes. It once was you put glass, metal, and paper in one bin. Then President Trump decided to take issue with the Chinese. The President decided to impose high tariffs on Chinese goods unless they played fair with trade deficits and the price of take-out. The Chinese said: Oh yeah! We won’t buy your garbage anymore, go find another consumer.

This left us without a garbage market, so we had to change the rules of recycling. Now no glass goes with metal and paper is separate, and we toss the glass with the eggshells and coffee grinds!

Somehow, through the slip of indifference, we allowed a wine bottle to fall into the can with the metal recycling, a huge garbage No-No! As I returned home from a busy day, I went to take the recycling can in and noticed that it was still full while others had empty cans. As I looked into the can was a label slapped on the empty wine bottle (I hope it was empty) that said “UNACCEPTABLE!” OH! THE SHAME!

The shame is that my neighbors, family, and friends will now know that I drink wine: everyone! Once they sober up they will talk about me, we will be shunned at the community outhouse and drinking fountain and shame will follow the name all the way to California when we move!

No comments: