Monday, April 15, 2019

ENOUGH!

I’ve been going to the same dinner every Sunday morning for years, and the food is good and the price as well. But sometimes familiarity breathes complacency, forcing me to reconsider my options.

I have certain things I want to be done for my breakfast and it seems it is too hard for the simple little minds that take my order every time I go there.

For instance, I want water with a straw, not a major problem. I like my French fries extra done, a little crispier than the usual. When I order my eggs, I want them without meat so I don’t mention meat. And my biggest gripe: the waitress is not swimming in perfume that it could make my eggs move off the plate by themselves!

My last visit to the diner was a nightmare. I walk in and immediately, the waitress who bathed in perfume walks up and the stink immediately sticks in my nostrils. The stuff she is wearing is cheap and so invasive as to make me puke.

I ask for tomato juice and they forgot to bring a straw, so I have to ask for one. Then the waitress stands over me and takes my order. I ask for two scrambled with French fries, EXTRA CRISPY and rye toast, which one would assume is buttered.

“OK, extra crispy, YOU WANT MEAT? BUTTER ON THE TOAST?”

If I wanted meat I would have asked for meat.

So my order comes out and immediately sets me off. It is bad enough the stinking waitress is choking me with that crap she is wearing, but the French fries are limp, just like I don’t like them every Sunday. I look at the fries and know if I send them back my eggs will get cold so I just accept the poor service and try to move on. My tomato juice has no straw and so I must track a waitress who will break the waitress code of stupidity to actually look at the customer after serving the food so I can get her attention to get me a straw!

I notice that there is no water at the table. Someone brings me water but no straw, I have to ask three different people for a straw before a get the attention of one woman who from a distance shakes her head ok to my gesturing for a straw as I point to the water. What does she do? She brings over more coffee and looks confused, that’s what.

To finish off the meal I get someone else’s check!

No comments: