Tuesday, April 16, 2019

TRYING TO CHANGE OVER!


Being an old coot as I am, I decided to get with it and join the modern age. You know you can tell just how old a man is by how he plans his future!

For years I had and still do, a pocket calendar to make my appointments. Like all of them, the one I have has every day of the week, and every week with all 52 weeks in between its covers. Very basic and all I needed was to record events and consult it every day.

Recently, I retired from the Board of Directors, where I was very active and involved with business and having all kinds of committee and board meetings. Now I am retired and seek to eliminate the need for the date book. Instead of the date book, I will record all future events in my cell phone, just like everyone else.

Here is the problem… I don’t trust myself to record all events because I can be a little lazy, like a “Little Pregnant”. It is a pain in the ass to take my phone out, look for the calendar and open that, go to the right thing, in this case, the date setup, press the ‘+’ sign and start entering all this information, most of which I don’t think is really necessary.

But, I will try because again, I don’t have the book to carry around with me all day, usually in my shirt pocket or pants. The old way is somewhat cumbersome but it did the job accurately and it was easy to record into.

I will try… but I’m not tossing the book version away, just yet!




No comments: