Friday, April 26, 2019

NO SHIP!?


My disguise from the automobile shippers
Recently, TLW (The Little Woman) put out a feeler for a cost estimate to ship a car from my home to Los Angeles. It is one of the options we have to figure out how to get around when we move to Burbank. As I explained previously in one of my exciting blogs, we have options like extending the lease for 6-months or not and getting a new car and shipping it to California. I rather extend the lease, and get a new lease in Burbank and save $1,200 in shipping fees. I could use that money for something like a stick of new furniture or spoil money for my grandchildren.

Since that feeler went out, car shippers have been ringing my phone off the hook, out of my cell phone case, and flooding my in-mailbox on my computer.

Every day, and I am not exaggerating, I am getting three to four phone calls and the same number of emails! This has been going on for at least a week and it is making me nuts. 

I put out bids for a new roof and new paving for the driveway with only one for each. I really don’t want more calls than I can stomach.

Taking care of things is tough, there are so many things to take care and you must coordinate them all for perfect timing.

So, I called someone who now lives in California and used to live on Long Island. I asked him what he did, what he faced and how it all turned out. I find out that we are doing what we should be doing. The constant calling of the car shippers was exactly what he faced.

So, I’m in this for the long haul.
Add caption

No comments: