Sunday, November 17, 2019

POLDARK and DCI BANKS


Sometimes I like to share things with my readers, both of you. I have watched TV all my life and although my son is heavily involved in it, what I do watch is little and boring. I watch the MSNBC, FOX NEWS, and CNN highly partisan broadcasts that spew certain points of view and then sports.

When it comes to English programming, I watch and enjoy everything they seem to produce, they are masters. They should be credited with the invention of TV because they do TV so well and make it worthwhile.

Over the years I have followed Mr. Bean, starring Rowan Atkinson, Keeping Up Appearances with Patricia Routledge and other shows that truly amuse me. Lately, with a new TV system I have the joy to watch two new programs since I no longer have the well-played and produced Downton Abbey, a masterpiece, they are DCI Banks with Stephen Tompkinson and Poldark with Aidan Turner.

Television should be something that lightens our minds, feeds us mentally and rewards us for paying attention with great scripts, acting and art direction, not mindless flippancy and little worthy dialogue. It is one thing to wait for TV programming and another wanting it immediately. British TV makes you want and then holds you down like an elephant sitting on your chest so you won’t move because you are so engrossed in the production.

I would recommend both DCI and Poldark if you can find them.


No comments: