Monday, November 25, 2019

THE JOYS OF GRANDFATHERHOOD.


Spending quality time has not been difficult these past few days. As I sit in an outdoor lounge outside my resort accommodations. I am digesting the past few days with my grandchildren and it is wonderful. In front of me sits the Pacific Ocean, there are dog-walkers, bike-riders, and joggers, all in a constant stream under the palm trees that line the path along the beach, on guard as centurions at their watch. Lazy seabirds of all sorts glide the cerulean sky and the clouds are truant, perhaps already finished for this day in the middle of the morning.

But my thoughts go back to last evening as I waited for my din  The shellfish fresh, the sauce needing additional bread to sop it up and the linguini not over-cooked.
ner, one that was most masterfully created by the Chef at C&O Trattoria in Venice, Ca. Linguini de Frutti de Mare needs love, freshness, and creativity to successfully pull off, and this one was.

But the best dish at the table was my little granddaughter, Darby Shea. Her intelligence and of course, beauty was all I needed to be captivated and amused. Her quick wit and charm, her need to draw all made it compelling for me to listen and take part in her world. We drew pictures together, some upside-down, we played tic-tac-toe where she beat me, and we played tricks on each other.

Across from me also was my grandson, Bobby ‘D’ as he is now called, instigating some of the things we developed together and when I responded to his prompt, he laughed like an old man does who finds something funny, his whole being in motion at once. The food, the company and the atmosphere were perfect.


No comments: