Saturday, November 23, 2019

NEW LIFE, OLD JOY

When he first saw me, he took a second look, realizing it was me from Facetime. His eyes lit up and he ran toward me and we hugged. His eyes say, Hi Grandpa and he immediately went to his favorite thing I own, my cell phone.

His eyes seem to say that life is all we have, and love is all we should give. His eyes sparkle, delight, and laugh, yet he is a child borne of tragedy. As he entered this world, his mother, my beautiful daughter-in-law passed from this world.

As I watch him and his beautiful sister who is so much her mom Courtney, I feel the pain of knowing that he will never see his mother and that she will never witness this beautiful soul as he so enjoys every moment of his life.

I see Bobby, as I would want to see him, as he is, bright, smart, handsome, and making my old age worth the while, it is worth all I ever suffered to meet and hear him call me. Watching my little granddaughter Darby and her zest for life, the many talents she is exhibiting and the beauty she exudes makes me proud and in awe of her, they are amazing children that love each other.

Marveling at my son Anthony as he holds up best he can and the way these children are so attached to him gladdens my soul, I know he can make it better and he does.

I will try to stop questioning why these things happen in life that seems so unfair, and instead, praise the things and embrace only all that is good.

No comments: