Friday, February 24, 2017

PERMISSION GRANTED


After my carotid artery surgery, I gave myself a month off from the gym. The reason being that I needed to have some time with the healing process.

When I stopped going in mid-January I was on the treadmill doing 3.5 for 20 minutes, then I went out on the floor and worked out with some cardio and weights, not pushing myself to the limit, but staying limber and feeling good.

Giving myself permission for coming back a month after, I can only do 2.6 on the treadmill for 12 minutes! No workout on the floor because of how I felt from the treadmill.

To say the least, this is an unacceptable state of affairs, I want to get back to my old self and feel better, I will and it will probably kill me, but here goes.

Not being in the gym for a whole month, everything has changed! There is a game floor with a partial football grid, they moved all the treadmill machines onto one floor and the equipment is brand new and great, that is not the only good news, I weighed myself and discovered I kept my weight down-AND- I remember my combination lock numbers! I had great trepidation that I would lock my stuff in the locker and not be able to get it out!

No comments: