Tuesday, October 23, 2018

“DEATH IS JUST AROUND THE CORONER”

That funny line was delivered with a great pause from Morticia Addams of the Adams family renown. After that pause, the entire audience of Theatre Three broke out in laughter.

Had a great Saturday night with some old friends as we dined at Ruvo’s Italian restaurant in Port Jefferson and immediately afterward headed off to Theatre Three to truly enjoy every moment of the production The Addams Family.

As in all my journeys across this great landscape, we call Earth, there are some hitches however careful I think I am. The night started with my parking my Toyota in a metered parking lot. The meter was very uncooperative and indifferent to my pleas. It is designed to have you pay money, then lose it as you have to start all over again, only to involve a younger couple (We are old and unversed in the wiles of electronics and all things mechanical. Turns out so were they!

Watching a local play to me is more fun than seeing one on Broadway, mainly because you avoid the traffic and fumes of the city that never sleeps. The dinners seem a lot cheaper too in the wilds of Port Jefferson and the ‘Port’ offers just as much variety as NYC in terms of food choices.

But I am missing the point of this scribbling and meandering, the actors although amateur is very passionate and entertaining and dare I say very good? I already did!

I would shout out their names and you would not know them so why bother? Better still, go see this play right away, take your spouse, significant other and/or fooling around partner and go see it. In fact, go see it with all three; after all, it would at least be as entertaining as the regular show.


No comments: