Tuesday, September 05, 2006

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT-AGAIN

Well the day before Labor Day, Sunday my neighbors invited me over to their house (see Tuesday April 25) for a neighborhood party. At the party was a neighbor I see all the time and like to talk to because he’s my age or they’re about. Maybe he’s a little younger, maybe not, but I’m definitely prettier. His name is Tim and we can drink together for we are the big boys of the hood.

We were trying to prevent alcoholism in the hood by removing as much as possible of my Man Bill’s stock. Thank God for his lovely wife Carol who supplied us with all the necessary equipment and stock. In these very long, thin and narrow glasses we poured vodka, Liqueur Stregga, gin, Southern Comfort, and something else that escapes me. Sitting next to me was a sweet little old lady from Brooklyn that was visiting her daughter Christine. She tried to keep up but fell a little short. Fortunately she’s ok, after all she is from Brooklyn.

The action flowed fast and poured easy as we polished off one shot after another in our attempt to keep the hood sober. What ever was offered, we took care of, knowing our good deeds would be rewarded. And indeed they were, as they brought out “Avenue C Iced Tea”, a concoction of tea and the vile alcohol that shares space in the mixing pitcher. Members of the hood devised this concoction, and they should be commended for their fine work. Isn’t it great in America?

No comments: