Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WORKERS OF THE WORLD – UNITE!

You have nothing to lose but your sanity.

Number Two Son asked me yesterday how he could get to register to vote. I suggested he go to the library and get a registration form. Being how I was going to the library that day, I picked one up for him and brought it home where he immediately filled out all the information requested.

I have suspected for some time now that #2 Son is a commie, or at least a left wing bleeding heart. At his age so was I, even joining the JFK bandwagon of Young Democrats for Kennedy during the election year of 1960. Being how I was too young to vote, I handed out flyers and did other things to annoy my father, a staunch Republican.

When Vladimir was done filling out the form, he announced to me he was registering as a Republican, with a dumb smirk on his face. I suggested to him that he not reveal how he would vote, or be registered as since it wasn’t my business and he should be his own man. When it became time to mail out the form, it being a self-mailer with a gum strip, he became a little confused so I helped him. I couldn’t help but notice he wasn’t registered as a Republican but instead for some family worker’s party that has as much appeal to the general public as a flatulent horse standing in front of you.

#2 Son wishes to learn Spanish so he can communicate with the low scale work force, and take up their banner of impovishment and menial jobs. What and how I don’t know. If he wins a Pulitzer for all this, the world will applaud, but no one will ask where he got the money to do all this. He got it from a word that can translate in English or Espanol, Italian or Francais, Portugese or Romanian, German or Dutch-“Papa.”

No comments: