Saturday, May 10, 2008

A CHINESE FIREDRILL

Today was a crazy day! Talk about things happening All AT ONCE.

I had an appointment to see my G.P. today, and it was scheduled for 10:45 AM. Usually I am kept waiting both in the waiting room and the examining room for at least an hour, but today he pulled a fast one. I was taken almost immediately! This appointment was a cause of concern because I had the wooden railing installer scheduled to come at 1:00 pm and I wanted to have the piano movers come to move back the piano before they installed the railing posts. The piano mover said could come around noon, which I said no to, since I wasn’t sure how long the doctor would take. (If this is getting too complicated, sit down and have two aspirin and read it in the morning.)

Getting home at about 12:15 pm, I get to work installing the left over moulding, at 1 pm, I check to see if the railing guy is here and sure enough, he is. I stop working and the railing man starts. The dog starts barking and growling. The phone rings, it is the piano mover. Can I come now? I ask the railing installer if the piano mover would be in his way, he says: “No.” Great, I tell the piano mover to come.

All at once, an upright is going through the staircase that is being measured with temporary posts and clamps. The dog is going nuts because I screened her off, she knows there are at least 4 strangers in the house, and I’m worried about my new floors, the railing guys and hope the piano men don’t hurt themselves.

I think I’ll take two aspirins, sit down and read this tomorrow.

Today’s cartoon is brought to you by Jo Ellen and Seth Smith

No comments: