Sunday, May 04, 2008

I’M STYMIED, OR LIFE IS A CONTRADICTION!

This is Blog # 700!

Today TLW (The Little Woman) told me I was buying her breakfast then we were going to a home finishing store to buy moulding and whatnots such as finishing nails, wood stain, brushes, sandpaper and wood putty to make my life miserable once again. She happened to notice a smile on my face at some point (only momentarily) and felt I had too much time on my hands.

As I have discussed before, she likes to win an argument with me by saying something is too ornate. (See Wednesday, April 30, 2008,
WHEN SHE SAYS; “NO!” BLOG.) What she means is she doesn’t like it, I had better not, also. Today we looked at the moulding, and I suggested something nice, but plain. “No, I want something more ornate.”

I sat down in the middle of the aisle, while painters, carpenters, plumbers and masons stepped over me. One asked another why I was crying, and the answer was; “He brought his wife with him.” The other responded; “I thought so.”

To all you young men out there who plan on getting married some day, this means my nephews; Marc and David and soon to be nephew Harry, DON’T TRY TO FIGURE HER OUT. Believe me, you are wasting your time. Just do what she asks, and you won’t wind up on the floor crying.

No comments: