Monday, May 05, 2008

NOW I REMEMBER, HUH?

It is happening more frequently now! I get up to do something, when I get to another room; I forget what it was I was supposed to do. I’m with a crowd of people, all of whom I know, I introduce one to another, and invariably, I draw a blank on a name.

Sometimes I tell myself: “Do “whatever” when you get back here, I get back, and forget to do “whatever”.

It is not just the mind. The body is “Misremembering” things also. I’m busy ripping up carpets, I’m on the floor and I can’t move! My arthritis takes over, and the pain makes it impossible to continue. When I was younger: I could go on all day, jumping, climbing getting up and down. Now I have to rest while doing things.

It is time for the dog track. Time to pick out a plot of land with my name on it carved in stone.

I can’t eat what I used to love to eat, the doctors wouldn’t allow it, speaking of which, I take medication twice a day. Topic of conversation at my age: arthritis, medical coverage, eyesight, hearing, and diet. It used to be: sex, food and refinishing some house project.

I think I’m now older than my Mother!

No comments: