Tuesday, May 27, 2008

THE HOOD HAS A GET TOGETHER

They came from doors around, bringing booze, cakes and food, and all with good cheer and a hearty “Hi’. My hearty Hi was when I left.

In the photo you will see MMB, (My Man Bill), the tool man, and myself. This photographic testimony comes courtesy of Bill’s lovely wife Carole, the givers of parties.

The festivities began promptly at 2:oo p.m., with the arrival of yours truly. And lasted well past 10:30 p.m., sans yours truly. Once again the food was fabulous, the booze excellent and the folks just great.

Last year at this time, I went to the hood get together, and the crowd doubled in size, right before my eyes! It was amazing; everyone there had a twin, including TLW (The Little Woman). Funny, I haven’t seen them since!

Richie Ignelzi, from across the street brought his Mom, because he’s not allowed to cross the street by himself. Richie’s lovely wife Alison came afterward. Richie’s Mom, a very sweet lady with the good sense to watch her son from getting into trouble or running out of the yard without permission, made sure he ate all his vegetables.

If you remember last year, I started a fashion trend with the glowing ear loops, this year I made a new statement, as you can see in the photo.

We did have a mishap: one of the little kids was drinking too much root beer and fell off a swing, breaking his wrist. When he came back to the party from the emergency room, he had this very sad and serious look on his face, but fortunately, everyone made a big fuss over him. Hope to see him heal quickly, he is a good kid, nice family, too.

Then there was Mary Alice, who should have been a kindergarten teacher, the way she loves kids, dancing with them all, and playing with the babies that were in attendance.

The evil one, (I don’t want to mention names, but she has my neighbor Carole’s initials) presided over the demise of my sobriety, with encouragement that could make any drunk adore her. Tequila, Lemoncello di Fama, cigars and rings that glow in the dark, were part of her arsenal to take things up a notch.

There was a new kid on the block, so I went over to his table. His name is Vince, and I asked him where he came from. “Baltimore” was his response. “Oh, I know some people from Townsend, Maryland.” I responded. “TLW’s brother is a president of a college down there.” I continued.

“What college? He asked.

“Villa Julia” countered I.

“GETOUTOFHERE!” says Vince. I daughter just graduated from there Friday!”

The best parties in town from two great people!
Thanks Bill and Carole.

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

Nice shirt!!! MFF