Thursday, May 08, 2008

MY MAN MATHEW

In my neighborhood lives a cool kid. His name is Mathew Kuntz. Mathew is a social seventh grader who enjoys life to the fullest. When I look out my door, rain or shine, snow, sleet or calm, Mathew is out there, usually with some other kid from the hood, having a grand time. As a little kid, Mathew left you laughing. It’s always fun to watch him play; Mathew is a leader, a go-getter. He takes to everyone, and has a wave and a smile as you go by, that he is not afraid to use.

This morning I was getting out of my car, and who goes by with a friend on his way to school, but Mathew.

Me; “Hey Mathew, how’s school?”
Mathew; (Eyes squinting) “Boring”
Me; “Well you will need it someday when you get married.”
Mathew; “Yeah, me the wife and my five kids.”

As you can see, he has everything sewed up in a nice neat bag,

He comes from a typical family, his father works hard on his job and around the house, he has an older brother and his Mom, should have been a kindergarten teacher. She can get down with little kids and enjoy their being alive. She dances with them and is a great sport. I tease her whenever I see her, (She likes to yell and talk), from the old school of Moms. Like her Mathew, you will see her with some neighbor or two, chatting away. A nice lady.

No comments: