Thursday, May 12, 2011

DREAMING


My retirement has caused me to pause and think, maybe I should get a job, then I will have some time off!

I just sent my final designs to the printer for the book I did, and it was very complicated. You have the print broker in the state of Washington, and the printer is in South Korea. They want the book sent to them over the internet, which means I had to send it to a dedicated server, which also meant I needed to follow certain procedures and protocol.

Since a couple of hundred files refused to open for the broker in Washington, I had to convert them to high quality PDF’s. OK, so I spend the whole late evening sending them, after making some tedious corrections and hoping I got everything.

I finally send the last files out, go to bed and sleep for three hours, when I wake up at 1:30 am and start to second-guess myself. Did I send the files from the last go around of changes? Did they go up on the internet file server?

Getting up, I go into my office and fire up the computer, I start to check the files, and everything seems ok!

I go back to bed, hit the pillow and think some more. I have another project I need to do, and I don’t have an idea. Thinking, it comes to me, I jump out of bed, race into my office, sketch it quickly and return to bed.

Then I start to think about Russell’s Tour & Event Planning, what I have notes on and what I still need to do. I start laying out in my mind what I need to do while trying to fall asleep!

It is 5:00 am, I give up, I have a stress test later in the day, might as well not get too nuts about things.

No comments: