Wednesday, May 04, 2011

IN A HEART BEAT


I went to my cardiologist today to help him out pay for his next vacation. He informed me that I should be dead by Tuesday, I said I had dropped my health insurance so he gave me to Friday!

The waiting room was packed, no seats available, and I figured that something was wrong. I went up to the window, and was given a form to fill out. I fill it out and return it, sit for about 15 minutes when I hear my name mispronounced. Thinking I’m being taken, I get instead 3 more forms to fill out, forms that I had already filled out, and knew why I was filling them out once again. The bastards were stalling for time until they caught up!

Filling out the same stuff over again, I started to believe it myself, and handed it in. Suddenly my name is once again mispronounced. Getting up I am instructed to go through a set of doors, and as I do there sitting behind a glass window is this woman greeting me happily. Mr. Del bre… del bri… delbriocchio, your co-pay is $30 and if you even hope to see the doctor, pay it now!”

I pay and am told to return to my seat outside. Soon my name is mispronounced once again, as I get up and move fast enough so no one thinks: “What the hell kind of name is that?”

The nurse says to me in the examining room: “Take your shirt off.”

“Whoa” I think to myself, “You are not even my type!”

She takes a cardiogram or something and says goodbye, that the doctor will be in shortly. I thank her and ask her not to call me shorty.

In comes my doctor, young, rich and not having a darn thing wrong with him except he is young and rich and has nothing wrong with him.

“Well, we all have to go sometime Mr. D, but maybe we can still squeeze some more payments out of you before you kiss off.”

Somehow I trust him, he needs the money.

No comments: