Sunday, May 22, 2011

I’VE CREATED A MONSTER!

Since Russell’s Tour & Event Planning has opened, my partner Pam has been learning the ins and outs of advertising. She claims that she is leaving it to me to make all these decisions, because that is what I did most of my life.

Don’t believe her.



I sent her an idea for an ad, and then a second revised version, she told me she liked the first one better! Not that she just liked it, but why! Chutzpah? No, just a take-charge lady who seems to catch on quickly!

Having experience with women, a mother, 4 sisters and a wife, I know when to pick my fights, or as Dad once said: “Never hit a women” I decided to step away from any chance of getting hit myself, and took out my standard answer to all women, polished it off and used it. All men know the words, and they are: “YES, DEAR!”



This is the cowardly approach, but perhaps the healthiest. It guarantees tomorrow is not in traction, and for that matter, it guarantees tomorrow!

Now Pam used to be reticent to speak up, say what she thought, until I opened my big mouth, and said she should let me know. Boy, that was a lightning rod! This has happened to me before, with TLW (The Little Woman), who I think is secretly working in cahoots with Pam on how to handle me in any situation.

For once in my life I’d like to have the upper hand when it comes to women. Even my dog bosses me around now!

1 comment:

pamela said...

I would agree with you, but then we both would be wrong ♥