Thursday, June 21, 2012

MY FAIR LADIES


Friday night I got the call to join TLW (The Little Woman), Pat, the Princess of Foxwoods Points and Toots II for dinner and an excellent production of My Fair Lady. Normally I wouldn’t go out with three ladies, but I love Broadway and musicals. OK so I whistle show tunes on the way out of the theater, so what?

The theater was off Broadway and in Bellport at the Bellport Gateway Theater, and the seats were in the center section, five rows back behind the orchestra, probably the best seats in the house!

The show was fantastic, and I just had the greatest feeling listening to the old favorites once again. You know, in the world of art, the old masters are forever alive, they live on in their works long after they are physically gone, and the same is true on Broadway, when there are professionals doing the trick.


When the tickets are FREE I go, and they were a gift from the lovely Pat, the Princess of Foxwoods Points. Since these seats were so terrific I had to promise her I would write something nice about her in this blogue. So what I am doing is, if you have anything, and I mean ANYTHING nice to say, please comment and I will post them up in a special Blogue, right here.

Now, where was I?


Oh, yes, we went to dinner before the show, and as we sat it seemed like the three women were bringing themselves up to date about events in their lives. One at a time, it looked like a therapy session for each had a story to update. Suddenly, our waitress, Coach Sylvester came to take our drink order. The three Ladies ordered: “water” and I decided to man up and order a club soda! Now if you sit in a semi-lit restaurant, it is hard to see. Coach Sylvester returns with the drink order and places four glasses on the table, and I look at them and they all look the same. Colorless glasses with straws sit there and I wonder which is the soda.

“Coach, which is the soda?” She looks at me quizzically and says:
“The one with the bubbles?”

Now living with one of them is hard enough, three becomes a challenge! They all start to laugh at me as the witchy waitress leaves!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Princess Pat said...

Joe, you have to admit the bubbly
water was funny. And also there
was plenty of light in the diner.
And what do mean, "does anyone
have anything nice to say about
Princess Pat?